Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Worthy?

I think part of why I write in here is to feel in some small way that I matter, that what I think/feel/do is important. The blogger's joy is the gratification in knowing other people think what you have to say is important too. People who bother to read your crap are saying that it's not really crap... (to some extent, some people will read anything :P). But I was thinking today while doing some cleaning that this attitude is misguided. ('of course it is' you say, but it's a common trap.) I read a girl's 'about me' section on a blog and was struck by how she worked so hard at crafting the perfect description of herself. It made me think how much it really matters - what other people think of us through the words we write online. Would she be any less awesome if she had written a less than awesome 'about me' section? Nope. She would still be herself. It made me realise a little more fully that every single person here on Earth is important, in a way that goes beyond our little efforts to prove it to other people. The smallest, most insignificant person is still infinitely valuable in God's eyes. For a moment, I could hear a little voice saying that 'by no effort on your part you are loved and highly valued by God'. I think we are a little blase about life, but I was reminded today that all life is precious and is not valued by our standards but by God's, who loves us despite all the failings that we have.

For all our bad points... God was pleased to create us. Some days I wonder why on earth he bothered with me. I can do such dumbdumb things and then I will beat myself up for them and by so doing add dumb to the dumbdumb. It's what I do. But sigh. Life is more than this tiny box I've put myself in. Life is truly precious... It's not something you need to hear everyday, because I think I might get tired of it and it would have the opposite effect. But now and again, it's nice to be reminded.... to sit and marvel at all that life is and means. To be able to enjoy God's creation - this beautiful world, to be able to work and create things with our own hands. It's a gift.


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)


I think it's another thing too that I actually do hear too much of - God's love. It can become blase, it can become something you skim over to get to the more interesting parts. But when really faced with God's love, I have no other course of action but to be humble and love him in return... it's the beauty of the relationship. He gives so much, so that I desire to give in return out of my gratitude.


Anyway... Night.

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)