Friday, May 8, 2009

To Be Alone With You

So I like some Sufjan Stevens, definately not all, but I like this song. People says it's about Jesus and I don't know if that's true. Either way it's a beautiful song.


Sufjan Stevens - To Be Alone With You




And in keeping with this Christian-esque theme, here's another song that I love.



Sarah Blasko - Woman By The Well




"I just want you around". It's such a fragile plea. And the song has this gentle, melodic sway that makes listening to it/falling into it so easy.


I'm going through my music collection again... deleting the tracks that I don't own and writing the ones that I want to keep on my 'to buy' list. The list is over 400 tracks long so far. :P But that doesn't hold a candle to the 10 gigs of music I actually own. I made a committment to not to own or download music illegally from January last year, which I have kept with varying degrees of enthusiasm since then. At the outset I refused to delete any of my Led Zeppelin or Regina Spektor for fear I wouldn't be able to find it later - some of the more obscure tracks in particular - but I've deleted those. It's funny how we hold onto the last little piece of what is "mine" even while trying to do the right thing. I think it's characteristic of a lot of my life - not fully surrendered.

I have a lot of music already... and I can wait for what I want but don't currently have. I still definately buy CDs and I love the feeling of opening the plastic wrapping around a new CD and reading the cover notes and admiring the album art. :) I do download from iTunes and eMusic but you can't beat getting an album you've wanted for ages on sale for $10 after hunting for it for ages... best feeling! :)

Anyway...
Another day off work, because I'm losing my voice. I went in yesterday for a half day until I could get a replacement... A child told me I sounded like I had the voice of an old woman. I love kids. They tell it like it is.

Salut,

Cathrine

2 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Blasko and the album that song is from is beautiful. I'm not a major sufjan fan, but that song is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still have to buy that album. Thanks for putting me onto her... I had previously written her off as semi-mainstream indie pop but turns out she has beautiful music. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)