Friday, May 22, 2009

Because Of You...

On the bus coming home I was thinking about how people have influenced my musical tastes. I was realising how many bands I wouldn't know if certain people hadn't entered my life and left their musical footprints behind. Only the most awesome people influence my musical tastes... mostly I'm a bit of a music snob (unintentional!) and won't really care what you're listening to - I'll just assume I have better taste than you. :P Thanks to all of you who have given me so much music. :) I enjoy finding music for myself, but it's special discovering music with others...



If it wasn't for Tom, I wouldn't know:

Antony and the Johnsons
Adele
Alexi Murdoch
Bob Dylan
Damien Rice
Jolie Holland
J J Cale
The Mountain Goats
The National
Tom Lehrer
Sarah Blasko
Nick Cave



If it wasn't for Kat, I wouldn't know:

Mirah
SoKo
Sia
Cold War Kids
Angus and Julia Stone



If it wasn't for Jason, I wouldn't know:

Keith Green <3
Jason Robert Brown
Nickle Creek
John Farnham (thanks :P)
Phil Collins (thanks, I think? :P)
Elton John (it just gets worse doesn't it? :P)
Sergei Rachmaninoff

(was there more?)



If it wasn't for David, I wouldn't know:

Charlie Parker
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Art Tatum
Albert Ayler
The Lost Cosmonauts

(and I wouldn't know I love crazy, psychadelic 60s music)



If it wasn't for Mark, I wouldn't know:

Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Cream
Van Halen
Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Yngwie Malmsteen
Nirvana
The Tea Party


So yeah. :)

Cathrine

3 comments:

  1. Yay for my list :D Short, but oh so sweet!
    but is obviously follows that I would like them better than anyone elses lists of music shared with you! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh and Michael Crawford :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I forgot Michael Crawford... haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)