Saturday, May 23, 2009

Electricity

"Beautiful like breaking glass not yet broken"


Something For Kate - Electricity





This song reminds me of a boy in science class in high school, who was burning a glass rod over the bunsen burners until it cracked a little from the inside... or maybe he dropped it and it fractured a little... anyway. He gave me the piece of glass and told me it was beautiful, like me. *laughs* I was a little younger than him - maybe year 9 to his year 10 - and I was flattered. So I kept it. I kept it for ages, and maybe I still have it... but I was flattered because it really was beautiful and interesting to look at. I thought it really was like me, broken but not quite shattered and somehow still beautiful.


:P


Ah dear. Waking up to sad dreams puts me in a strange mood...

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)