Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random Tracks

I'm browsing Art of the Mix and finding random tracks. Here are some notables:



Coconut Records - Summer Day



(Check the crazy vocals in the middle - sounds almost French, but's just babbling. :P)



Holly Golightly - Slowly But Surely



(I love that organ sound... so good.)




Her Space Holiday - Sleepy Tigers



(was this song used in an ad? It's happy!)



Elliott Smith - These Days (Nico cover)



(I don't listen to Elliott Smith too much these days, but this song is raw. It's just the thing Elliott would have written himself...)

I'd been out walking
I don't do too much talking these days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to

I quit my rambling
I don't do too much gambling these days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the many changes that came my way
And I wonder if I'd ever see another highway

I had a lover
I don't think I'd risk another these days
These days and if I seem to be afraid
To live the life I have made in song
It's just that I've been losing so long

I've quit my dreaming
I won't do too much scheming these days
These days I sit on cornerstones
And count the time in quarter tones to ten

Please don't confront me with my failures
I have not forgotten them




Music. Je t'aime.

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)