Friday, May 15, 2009

Tracy Chapmen and Co.

So at work, we call arrowroot biscuits 'babies' or 'baby biscuits'... I'm not sure how they got that name. Someone once suggested to me that it's because these biscuits can be crushed up into a baby food-like mash with water or milk. I dunno. It's just one of the quirks of working with children in my centre. I think of this now as I eat an arrowroot biscuit and reflect on how odd it would be to call them baby biscuits outside of my work context.

Last night Tom and I were talking music and we came up with some amazing songs. They kind of fit into two categories - African American singers and incredible 70s rock classics. I'd like to share a little of what we listened to... it seriously blew my mind.


Tracy Chapman - Fast Car




Macy Gray - I Try




Alicia Keys - Falling






Meow... More later.

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)