Monday, May 4, 2009

Ma Mere / Chelsea Hotel #2

My mum told me that she wanted me to be myself when we go to the Philippines - to speak my mind and not be shy. LOL I know what she means. In the Philippines that is not a good trait to have and I may be tempted to conform to their expectations. You're expected to be quiet, shy, reserved and show respect to your elders by not speaking against them. It makes me laugh that mum says "just be yourself" so they "can meet the real you"... and who is the real me? She is upfront, blunt, questionably rude or disrespectful at best.
Don't you love mums?

Just in case I was under the illusion that I'm a nice person, or well, a kindly spoken person... mum is here to remind me that it's not so and it hasn't really ever been so. :P I used to be a lot ruder towards her when I was a teenager. Maybe it's the rebellious thing teens like to do, or maybe it's because she's gained back a lot of the respect she lost when I was a kid so I'm as a result much nicer towards her? heh Or maybe I should give more credit where it's due - God helped me forgive her and has helped a lot in that relationship.

Anyway.


So I was sick and as I slept/rested in bed I listened to Leonard Cohen. A funny state to experience his music in... I remember it in pieces. I loved so many of the songs, for varied reasons. This is one of many I could post...



Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel #2




I love the way he tells stories in his lyrics.


Night friends.

Cathrine

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)