Friday, March 20, 2009

Well Alright

So I was blessed in Year 11 with so much awesome. Firstly, I was given a French teacher who was a native speaker and passionate about his language. He (Gerard) is responsible for my current level of passion - over 4 years later. Secondly, I had access to the art rooms during lunch and recess, to all the paints and paper I could desire and even some odd bits and pieces that Sharon (my art teacher) found from Reverse Garbage. She just trusted us. She let us go in and work on paintings/drawings and put music on the cd player/stereo. I have so many good memories of spending lunch there (even free periods if the room was not in use) listening to Sublime, Radiohead, Spoon, Dashboard Confessional while working on my studio drawing portrait.

I had cliche moments where I took Mark up with me and he was all "you're the most beautiful piece of art in here". Puke. :P I met other students from grades above me and talked music with them. I mostly just felt completely at home and happy. What greater gift could you give someone but space, time and resources to create within an inspiring and semi-exclusive setting? lol :)


There is something of that still floating around the air tonight. It's stuff to dance with abandon to; just from pure happiness. Maybe it's also because it's Friday night and there is no work tomorrow! Hooray! So I'm going to do some more painting. This time with colours. *grins* And I'm going to share this song with you. Love Spoon.



Spoon - Well Alright


Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)