Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Parfois...

Parfois...

Today was something different. I walked from the station while listening to music and I felt for a couple of seconds that I was in France and the signs and writing on people's shirts should be written in French. Why? Ah, I don't know. My mind is not turning over at a frantic pace with panic and stress. I feel time stretching out before me and it is delicious in it's liberty. I could go in any direction I choose. Tonight I'm chosing art. There's no reason why I can't create something beautiful either. I'm only limited by my imagination and ability, not necessarily time. I could take months on it... who's to say it should be a one sitting affair?

So I got a lot of music from Tom... and found a song called "Flame Trees" by Sarah Blasko. I wasn't impressed by her stuff I'd heard but this song hits me deep. Why? The title? But not really, because the songs were untitled on the CD... I love that a song called Flame Trees caught my imagination.


It's like swimming in a substance that couldn't possibly harm you but could very well drown you. It's enveloping... it's enchanting. Once, I would have been moved by poetry and books and love and now my life is full of other things, children and looks from upset boys over grasshoppers deaths and the frustration of lost clothing. It's the thrill of having the ability to handle 23 three and four year olds and orchestrate some beautiful moments for them to walk in. Or even just move smoothly from one activity to the next. Today I was a day where I could say "yeah, and I love my children" and actually mean it. One boy came back to the centre to say goodbye to me and was in tears because I'd not seen him leave or had the chance to say goodbye. This boy is one of my darlings who I had last year in the toddler room but it stunned me that he would be so upset that I overlooked him (unintentionally) in not saying goodbye. What can you say? I have some terribly off days, but then you have days like this and you think "I must be doing something right".


Sarah Blasko - Flame Trees




Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)