Friday, March 27, 2009

Joni Mitchell

Some days are Joni Mitchell days. I admire her music... her lyrics, the wistful and yet worldly way she expresses herself. I love Both Sides Now and in looking for it on YouTube I found this really incredible version of her singing it much later in life.


Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now





Today at work I had so many moments where I was overwhelmed with the realisation that I really do love my kids (and a number of them in particular). I got random kisses from one of the boys and another girl and I just have this really nice bond. I love being so much in these kids heads/hearts that I know what they're thinking and how they're feeling and generally can use that knowledge to steer them into doing the right thing. I like using kindness and thoughtfulness to win children to doing the right thing instead of fear and harshness.


Friday nights are funny, but tonight I'm glad I don't have plans. I'm going to sit at home and listen to music while making name cards for my kids. hehe

Night,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)