Thursday, March 26, 2009

God, who'd wanna be such an asshole?

So I really like this song.







Meow.

I'm old and dull. I miss school, where there was new things always being thrown at you. I had a chat with Aisha's younger brother about his Major Work for Visual Arts and I was reminded of all the new things I learnt in my 1 year of studying art with Sharon. It was intense. I think of Leanne and her English classes and the masses of stuff we got through. The world is full of things to be learnt and known. I'm tired of going back to the familiar. I mean, I could read Samuel Beckett... I know I'd like it (love).





But there is something in discovering something new and wonderful. heh But then, in watching this performance again I had a mini moment... "a girl in a shabby green coat on a railway station platform"... the look on his face, the way he responds by turning off the tape. I was caught by the idea of it too. It was so familiar and I wondered "was that the Leonard Cohen song?" haha.. It's not of course... famous blue raincoat... but it's something similarly drab and sad. It's not admirable, but there is morbid beauty in it. If I can dirty the word beauty in that way.


Truth is, I have no real claim to music. No real claim to art or poetry... I can't really claim anything. I once heard a song "mediocrity rules", but I didn't like it but I liked the title. A perfectionist who settles, or perhaps admits to herself at last she isn't really a perfectionist. If I was, wouldn't things be better? More like that I'm selfish and self-centred and prefer things to be done my way. The tragedy of Krapp is intense. I saw this by accident on TV when I was flicking between stations one Saturday. I was caught and drawn in by the black and white... the stark colours, the drone of the voice.

Anyway, nothing to say...

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)