Friday, March 27, 2009

J'aime bien Amelie

Parfois je me trouve autour de coleur et lumiere, et je sourire.

It's funny how it all works out in the end in Amelie. All her crazy cuteness is okay. Her crazy introversion. I watch this movie when I'm feeling down and I'm instantly transported by the music, the language, the rich oranges/reds/yellows throughout the film to a place which is made of dreams. It's hyper-reality. Everything is heightened.

il ya une partie de moi qui voudrais creer un monde comme ca. Si j'ai eu un blog, peut-etre je vais faire un nouveau design. Je suis libre demain... je voudrais reve un peu. Au sujet de ma chambre... c'est assez ennuyeux. Maybe I'll paint something, something rich and real and colourful.

This morning I was on the bus... it was 7am and I was listening to Regina Spektor's Field Below and was captured by the piano. Doesn't it seem to pull at you?


Regina Spektor - Field Below





Amelie is still my favourite movie. One day I'll stop being in love with dreams. I'll stop disappointing people with my inability to be something they want me to be and who I want to be... haha Though no one really says anything. Your goodnights are a living rebuke. Your loving comments made almost in passing pull at my heart. I'm not really all that amazing. Not amazing at all in fact. Except sometimes.


"depuis toujours, dans tes reves"
ou est tu?

Cathrine

2 comments:

  1. This song is so beautiful. Have you ever looked up the VH1 version? The footage is really clear and sounds great. But whatever, I'll take Regina anyway I can get her. :) Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for the heads up about the better quality version. I'm watching it now. It's gorgeous. I of course have her CD so I know the song as it sounds on the album, but having video to go with it that is just as crisp heightens the experience so much.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)