Friday, March 13, 2009

Red sky at morning...

So I dig on nature. We go way back, nature and I. :P I've been a massive fan since I was pretty young and was caught up with collecting beautiful gum leaves at the age of three. Yeah. We're tight.



So my dad taught me this rhyme "Red sky at night - shepherd's delight, red sky at morning - shepherd's warning". I don't know if it's right as such. I was talking to a teacher today at work (while enjoying a picnic with the kids, woohoo!) and she explained it by saying that the clouds in the sky refract the light of the sun and turn the sky red... so the more clouds about, the likelier the chance of rain. It all seemed obvious after that, I liked not considering it and thinking it was kind of magic. :P


So my world is about to change, even more. Things are going through a change over at work and my room leader is becoming the director. It will be awesome for the centre and hence me too, but to lose my room leader? Who I think is just incredible?! It will hurt, but we'll rise to the challenge.

The kids were singing a song in the afternoon that I taught them yesterday and were really getting a kick out of it. The game plan is to introduce a new song every week or two and keep this 'new song yay' factor going. Do you really need to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep a million times? Heck no.





Went out tonight to for a few drinks with workmates to farewell my director and also welcome in our 'new' one. Good night out. I didn't have to sit at home by myself listening to Led Zeppelin this Friday night. :P


Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)