Sunday, March 22, 2009

Psalm 32

I love how you can read a psalm a heap of times and something different will jump out at you each time. I love all of Psalm 32... but in particular I love verse 8:


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.


I'm not alone in this. I'm not blindly walking forward in a vain attempt to be 'good' or 'perfect' or some vague idea of what is pleasing to God. God Himself is instructing me and teaching me and watching over me. I know it and I see it is true. I sometimes forget though and it's good to be reminded that God is right there. I am admiring God's nature lately. How He is so incredibly holy and powerful up in heaven, yet is still so personable and approachable in Jesus and even more intimate in the Holy Spirit... who knows the groanings of our heart even better than we can express with words so that He can speak for us when we know not what to pray for. This is our God... I have to stand in awe. The creator of the universe... caring for us so intimately.

I know people struggle with the three in one deal. The trinity. Someone once said to me that God is a God of relationships and it is interesting that the nature of God Himself is not singular but plural so that there is a relationship dynamic in the personality of God. I like that.

This morning I was walking to the train station and singing to God... all the bits and pieces of hymns and songs that I know. lol I love singing while walking from place to place. I guess God doesn't make life's problems disappear, but he can bring peace and joy to situations that otherwise might seem impossible or such drudgery. I am giving God this week ahead and praying he will transform it into something less like drudgery and more like opportunities to prove myself truly devoted to him and be glad in them.

Goodnight,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)