Monday, January 5, 2009

Second Solution

Hi,

So... I've been posting a lot of wistful stuff and I was reminded tonight that I love rock. I was in the car, coming home from church, and the radio was playing The Living End. They have a distinctive sound. I wouldn't say I was a massive fan of their music during high school but reflecting back on their sound, I dig it.

The Living End - Second Solution





And someone mentioned Van Halen in the comments for the above song... I had to be reminded. Ah dear. A great era to love to hate and yet love. :)

Van Halen - Eruption




It's just a bit of fun. :) Imagine playing that on Guitar Hero. :P ...speaking of which... Knights of Cydonia anyone? :D So much fun to play on Guitar Hero. I love 3:20+. So much fun finger work (on medium).


Muse - Knights of Cydonia






Night,

~le petit chaton

5 comments:

  1. Not a fan of the living end at all. Muse has it's moments, but that song wasn't thrilling me.

    The thing I find with Van Halen is that I get the impression everyone is impressed by how difficult their songs are to play, but it doesn't always sound good. There are moments in the song you posted where it sounds awesome, but I don't really get excited by songs just because of the sheer skill involved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the The Living End a lot of fun.

    Muse, I don't know much of their music, but Knights of Cydonia = so. much. fun. on Guitar Hero. The youtube vid doesn't capture the awesome that you experience 'playing' it.

    I hear you on the Van Halen. That wasn't an amazing track... which is ok. Van Halen is kind of sentimental to me, since an ex of mine really loved his music and the music he first heard before our first date was Van Halen's "Dreams". It's tres tres cheesy:

    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_B-hro3DA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So up until recently I didn't know this song was by Van Halen. I thought it was Cold Chisel or someone :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)