Saturday, January 17, 2009

Everything will be alright


The Killers - Everything Will Be Alright



and




Work No. 560: EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT
2006
Neon
14.35m x 0.5m
Installation at Palazzo dell'Arengario, Milan, Italy
Comissioned by Fondazione Nicola Trussardi


Thanks Tom for the above. :)


That Killers song reminded me of another....


Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) - Everything's Alright




I didn't realise it was from Jesus Christ Superstar... I'm not a fan of the musical. I think it messes with the Bible too much, but some of the songs are well done. She has such a beautiful voice. It really does say to me 'the 70s'...


~Le petit chaton

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of the musical either, but there is one song I like: "Heaven on their minds"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Gethsemane - "I want to know, I want to know my God... I want to see, I want to see my God".. hehe

    I think the emphasise too much on the 'man' side of Jesus and forget that God and he were one, despite being a man. So even though this is a powerful song it irks me with it's inaccuracy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)