Friday, January 9, 2009

Lazy? lol Heck no.

I'm in a funk. I'm tired and it's making me grumpy? Irritable? Something.

Anyway. The ladies in the staffroom at work today cracked me up with awesome. One said she liked Pink Floyd (but mispronouced the name :P) and another said she liked Deep Purple. GAH! They're in their 50s? It makes me laugh so much that I dig their music... and it makes me laugh that I got a record player on Wednesday (THANK YOU DAVID!).

Since I'm so flat and have no energy I'm borrowing it from music. Deep Purple's Lazy is like a little bolt of lightning.



Deep Purple - Lazy Featuring Satriani And Paice

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io



Green Tent is next week. It's hard. It's in a lot better shape than it was last year... there will be around 130 kids from Kindergarten to High School, so it is kind of a big deal. I won't get to be there all week due to work but I'll be there at least one day. So much preparation! So much tired. Yet, so much awesome.

A la prochaine,
~le petit chaton

2 comments:

  1. I listened to the track in the last post, I was feeling sleepy so the sax really hit the spot. Not sure I'd be heaps into it normally though.

    I didn't realise you weren't going to be at GT much. Are you sad to miss out, or relieved?

    I haven't knowingly listened to much Deep Purple, "Smoke on the water" put me off I guess. I listened to a lot of Triple M in high school though, so it's possible I heard them along with that Van Halen track I didn't realise I knew.

    The guitar riff at the start of this song sounds familiar and geez it's good when he wails hard. Didn't really like the bits with the crowd yelling much.

    Oh also, my Dad likes Floyd and he's nearly sixty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Coltrane and laid back moods... it's a great combo. I'm not always in the mood for it too but when I am, it's grand.

    And yeah, I'll only be there on my day off. At the start I was pretty ticked that work was being so unflexible but I think it is a good thing. I have done a lot of work in preparing it so I think I'd like the chance to rest a little and not have to go back to work the next week wrecked.

    Smoke on the water, yeah. I'm not impressed by that track and the amount of boys in music class that wanted to play that main guitar line - bleck. Deep Purple have some quality tracks though.... to me they're kind of jazzy because they have extended solos at times and have organ/synth sounds that make me think jazz improv.

    The crowd yelling in this track make me laugh. :)

    Floyd fans are aging. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)