Thursday, July 9, 2009

You're The One That I Want

*laughs* So I'm totally into you and this song makes me laugh and think of you. <3



Sia and Beck - You're The One That I Want





My kids at work have taken to playing with numbers of late. Asking if infinity is bigger than a google and what about infinity plus 1 or plus infinity again? It blows my mind that 4 years olds are asking those questions and I love being able to try and expand their understanding of numbers by giving them perspectives on how large some of the numbers they're playing with are by using concepts of time and distance.

And stuff like "it just keeps on going...." It's not just a little idea. It's not something that you can say "oh, okay" to. It's a "woah" kind of moment... where you let your mind just keep going. What would happen if you didn't stop and just kept on going - infinity can't be bound by our planetary limitations. Infinity goes way beyond our understanding...

One of my boys is a sweetheart, a charmer. He's always saying things like "I love you more than you love me!" or "I love you more than infinity!" It's silly and I don't buy into it but you know it's his way of saying he thinks you're awesome. I dunno where I'm going with this. I guess I just like the easy way in which kids 'love' and talk about love and express the big-ness of love in such sweeping terms. I try and restrain mine and not be over-the-top or silly... (for the most part) But what would life be like if it were safe to love so fully and freely? And not just romantic love, but all those other kinds? When did love become so scary, when did people become so careless in hurting each other that love became hurtful or dangerous?

Anyway... bed time is soon.


Bonnuit tout le monde,
je t'adore..

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)