Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Around You

Last night I had a dream that shiny pieces of pink and white paper were falling on me as I lay dead on the ground. The white and pink paper represented purity and condemnation. It was not as intense as other dreams that I've had and I think it only means what it means, that I'm struggling with these these in the relationships around me. It was pretty though, quite cinematic. I'd seen the first half of the War of the Roses recently, and they had small pieces of gold paper fall throughout the whole play... it was an idea pinched from that.


I sometimes struggle to sing out loud. Sometimes because I forget the words or get them mixed up, other times because I'm shy. But sometimes, I'm brave and careless and sing and don't care who hears me, and I know the words and it's all okay. I think I can sing... at least, when I'm not feeling like a fool I can.


Oh Fool... Fool... I wonder, wonder so much if my new book contains a glimmer of you. Glimmer. It's such a good word for you. During my lunch break a couple of the people I work with were talking about books they'd read and enjoyed and I just couldn't speak. It's like revealing a precious secret during a conversation about football scores. :P I don't talk about books I read because my books are intimate friends/lovers at times... I guess I'm weird like that. Sometimes books are preferable to people though.



I feel all mixed up. This song is pretty about being mixed up.




Ingrid Michaelson - Around You





So yeah,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)