Wednesday, July 29, 2009

America

I've been listening to Simon and Garfunkel all morning and I all but swooned when America came on. Their music fills me with nostalgia. Not in this song, but in others, they outrightly sing about poetry and books and trying to pin meaning down or capture meaning where it may not exist. Words to justify, words to almost claw beauty out of emptiness. My heart/soul yearns towards those things... words, beautiful ones... ones filled with the same ache that my heart feels... it wakes up a part inside myself to hear my own longings voiced out loud.


Simon and Garfunkel - America





I'm looking forward to the train ride into the city, so I can read more of Hamlet on the train. Shakespeare is a nice balm to the soul when I need some literary inspiration/rejuvenation.

Yours,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)