Monday, July 27, 2009

Across The Universe

I was waiting for the bus after work and this song came on my iPod. I felt wrapped up in a world that was larger than myself - expansive, uplifting, warm. I had a nice day at work today. I keep feeling blessed to be working with the children I have in my room. I find it surprisingly easy to be patient as well as firm when I need to be. I loved it when one of my kids later perked up in the afternoon after being really sad and called out to me from where I was in the sandpit, to show me that he was playing with the other kids and was happier. :) It made me glad I walked over and was encouraging but allowed him to join in with everyone else when he was ready. I'm glad he showed me that he was okay.

My shadow made wombat stew again. We planted alfalfa seeds. We painted paper doylies with eticol dye. We painted on huge pieces of paper on a table outside in the sun in the morning with fine brushes and flowers. I was bliss with my kids. :)


So I like this song.



Rufus Wainwright - Across The Universe




It comes with a charming little home video. :)


Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)