Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ticket Sales Closed - March Music Summary

So I'm not going out tonight. What a let down. :/

I just woke from dreaming I was on a bus that had stopped outside my workplace and I could see in front there was a pile of colourful, plastic toys (bikes, blocks, climbing frames) for Council to pick up. I asked a person nearby if it was going to be thrown away and they said yes. It was kind of funny because I was happy. We're taught at Uni that plastic is death and natural colours and natural materials like wood and wicker at the way to go. I also drempt that the sunshine was coming in through the bus window and I was listening to my music while resting my head on the seat in front of me, and you were there too. I could hardly breathe. I don't have to try and be sensible in my dreams... though last night I drempt that I was bathing in public (on a street corner, in an in-ground fountain that could be used as a bath) and had the sense to go back and redo the dream again so that instead I was swimming in there with clothes on. :P

March brought with it lots of new music... can I catch it all up in a cloud and bring it down? Rain music down... I saw a plane in the sky today pulling it's way through the clouds and leaving a visible path behind it. The clouds were so heavy and thick. Quite incredible. So... I have:



March's Music Summary

Antony and the Johnsons (his whole "I Am A Bird" album)
Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now
Modest Mouse - Bukowski
Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance
The Left Banke - Pretty Ballerina
Tom Lehrer - The Irish Ballad
Extreme - More Than Words
Bright Eyes - June On the West Coast
The Mountain Goats - Love Love Love
Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi
Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You
Kate Nash - The Nicest Thing
Spoon - Well Alright
Sarah Blasko - The Flame Trees
Angus and Julia Stone - Cigarettes and Chocolate
Regina Spektor - Field Below
Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond



Not all the songs are new ones... but most are. It's hard to reattach meaning to an old song. If you know what I mean.


Later gaters,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)