Friday, April 24, 2009

Stranger In Paradise

When I was younger, in primary school, I loved it when my dad put on his records late at night. He had some truly beautiful records with classic songs from the 50s. There is magic in music played on vinyl, but even more so when it's late at night and the music is the only thing on in the house and you can feel it seeping into your skin. It descended upon us all in the house and we talked differently; in hushed tones, using fewer words but the words carried more meaning. We were caught up in the musics mood.

This is one song I remember in particular. It was back when I imagined that my dad did love my mum and cared very much for her. I suppose, in his way, he did... and I'm glad that at the time I could believe it was so. It still makes me sad that my parents are divorced and I lost that dream that things were okay with my family. I guess now I have the more truthful story, which is real/honest and I suppose in that sense better. Those were good nights though.


Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise




La tien,

Cathrine

1 comment:

  1. Some moments are really unforgettable and sometimes things change but we got to move on with life. Beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)