Monday, April 20, 2009

C'est tout

So I wish I could tell you how great my day was... but it's hard to convey the awesomeness with just words. Maybe photos would help? But I really think you would just have to be there... and feel the love.

I used to be really scared, close to panic attack style, when told I had to manage a transition or group time and mobilise 24 children... but now it's different. I don't see a mass of 24 children whose wills oppose mine. I see 24 individuals who I know and have built relationships with, who I know I can trust and rely on to be sensible when the time calls for it and do what I ask. I know their quirks. I know which children to pick out to get the other children to follow their lead. I know when to use positive comments to pull the stragglers in line, and when to just rouse on them for not listening. I have a much better sense of control and calm now. I'm starting to 'get there', I think. When our room leader stepped up to the director role, I was all panic which turned to mild panic and now, a growing sense that I'll be okay. (though don't expect me to think this every day :P)

Today our casual ECT complimented me on my manner with the children. Aww. She didn't have to say that... How did she know that I needed to hear that today? :)


Anyway... I waited ages for the bus this evening and when it did come, the lady driver nearly went the wrong way a few times, only just avoided a few accidents and just drove in a really hesitant/risky way... I thought to myself, what will be the last song that I hear before I die? :P I decided to put on a mixed CD that I borrowed from Tom. :P


Maybe I'll think of some music to add to this post later... but for now, it's just thoughts. :)


Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)