Thursday, April 16, 2009

Amelie's Famous Plum Cake

so, um... I'm happy?! You betcha. <3

Work was interesting. Only 19 children today, instead of a full house of 24. Five less children really makes a difference. :) I got to spend more quality time with the kids... I found out why "Mr P" was so grumpy this morning. He later revealed to me that he had a really bad dream in which a bull chased him and wanted to kill him (but it wouldn't stop) and he couldn't get to his dad and the bull wanted to hurt his dad too. So ouchie. He was quite shaken up, so we talked it out and he was a lot more cheerful the rest of the day. It makes me so glad that I take the time to find out why children are acting out and being grouchy. I know this boy and he's sometimes shy to tell me things and so when he does tell me something, I feel as though I'm being told something precious because it costs him such effort. I heart him so much. He's a grand kid. His dad told me today that after reading a Pamela Allen book with him at home he said that one of the character's treasure was their family. Bless. :)


We did our kite thing today too... we all made such awesome kites and then we had a go at flying the big kite I bought yesterday. :D With a short string, most of the children could get it up in the air. :) Such a joyful experience, flying kites! I can't wait for a real windy day.... so it will just hang in the air by itself.


It gets so dark so early now since daylight savings kicked in. Makes my walks home kind of special. I love listening to music while waiting for the bus or on the train home. Tonight I decided to ride between the carriages on the train. I was listening to Yann Tiersen, and remembering the scene at the end where Amelie is making that 'famous plum cake' of hers and imagining that Nino is returning from getting some yeast for it. It's my favourite part of the movie, I think. The brushing of the beads... it kills me. So here is the scene and the rest of the ending of the movie.


Amelie (ending)





I'm still dancing inside. :)

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)