Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favourite Things

1. Ice cream (w/ pancakes, waffles, more ice cream, choc chip cookies, honey, etc)
2. Tea (black, grey, white, russian caravan, french earl grey, stockholm, chai, pearl milk tea, etc - you get the idea)
3. Music (live, headphones, computer stereo, the constant soundtrack in my head, birds, music to hold hands to, music to dance to, music to fall in love to, music to be angry along with, music for intense emotions, music for silence, etc)
4. Art (painting, sculpture, going to art galleries and trying to remember to keep my cruel comments to myself - especially in front of the artist him/herself)
5. Books (old friends, old loves, new discoveries, fiction, spiritual, historical, children's... especially with good illustrations)
6. Writing (mostly online, but in unlined leather-backed notebooks, on scraps of paper, in my mind, in my heart, with my body as I dance around my room to the words that are bubbling up from inside me when I think about you)
7. Trees (with all my soul - gum trees, deciduous trees, familiar trees, trees that provide fruit, trees with interesting seeds and colourful leaves, trees that you can climb, trees that you can hug, trees that have bark like a ghost or a black butt :P, trees that sing in the wind and sound like the ocean, trees that house birds, trees that together create a forest when taken as a whole)
8. Missing pieces of myself, and later finding them (in songs, in other people, in hard work, in God?, in the long hours of the quiet night).
9. Wine (red wine only, drinking it while listening to jazz, after a meal, the rich strong kinds of wine - not the fruity light ones...)
10. Pretending that it's okay that my list doesn't involve the interaction of other people and telling myself that this doesn't mean anything important. Also, telling myself that it's not so bad that God isn't on the list as a separate item because God transcends the list. Sigh. Why is it so hard to just say "God"... does it really rip me open to scrutiny that much to openly claim God as a love of my life?


Just tired and sad.

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)