Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Attempter? - April Music Summary

It's been a while since I've dived into the comfort of French. Quand les chose sont mal, je me trouver parlant en Francais... ou si je me sens un peu triste.... c'est un langue de comfort pour moi. I have such dodgy reasons for the things I do. French? Yes, because it's a nifty escape. :P Well, not entirely. I'm completely smitten with the language, I think it's the most beautiful language in the world. It's like singing in every day speech. :) But still. I'm reminded of it now because I'm not feeling the greatest. I'm torn. Work was great today and I came home on a high and now that I'm here again, home, I'm reminded of things not being as awesome or straight-forward.


But what did I say? Work today was awesome. :) We made maracas! All using stuff the kids found in the outdoor environment - seeds, berries, gum nuts, leaves, sand, bark, rocks! It was pure joy to collect and sort these things... truly! I love this stuff and have loved it since I was 3 years old or possibly younger! :) So yeah, we collected the materials and put them in cups and decorated the cups and then learnt new songs to play them to... I was in heaven. :P I love so many of my kids. As individuals and as a group, they can be such amazing kids. I rejoice in their achievements and look at how far they've come from the start of the year. I can't wait to see what my "Red Group" (youngest) kids will be like when they reach the point of being in the "Green Group" (oldest group). I wonder what they'll be like when they move on to school... they're all still three/nearly four. So young... so precious.

Some days, on days like today, I walk out and I feel so privileged to work with these guys. Like, thanks for being so beautiful! Thanks for running up and giving me hugs when I arrive in the morning. I got three "Cathrine! *run-leg-hug*"s this morning. And one from a girl who is normally quite reserved with her emotions, which made it all the more precious. This girl in particular I'm starting to really value and notice/appreciate her maturity and ability to think creatively and work on goals/ideas over a couple of weeks. So because of her persistance, we're going to have face painting on Thursday in addition to bringing out the woolen cat tails that we made on Tuesday last week! Tuesday last week! I love how she is still interested, is able to express that interest and make things happen in the program so many days after the event. <3


I could talk forever about work. I'm so lucky to have found a job that is so much fun and so rewarding. :)


Music these days? Nothing new really coming my way.... I'm just enjoying all that I currently have. Songs of April include:



Songs of April

Damien Rice - Lonelily
The Decemberists - California One/Youth & Beauty Brigade
Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise
Bob Dylan - Lay, Lady, Lay
Riceboy Sleeps - Happiness
J J Cale - Let Me Do It To You
Jack Johnson - Better Together
The Turtles - So Happy Together
Joshua Radin - The Fear You Won't Fall
Jolie Holland - Sprintime Can Kill You
The Cure - Close to Me
Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun




So yeah. Some awesome songs in that above list. Not something to sneeze at. :)

Night y'all,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)