Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dragons in the Sky





It rained a lot today. Last week I went out to Seven Hills though and the weather was beautiful. I took a moment after seeing my mum to hang out at the lake. I lay on the grass and watched the clouds go by. I remembered old times. The bridge that used to be there, the Hill that you could lie on the other side of and feel so far away. I loved the endless skies. I have photos of Seven Hills in 04 when the drought was in full swing. Eveything was brown, but not an entirely dead brown... an almost rich colour, as if the grass has simply decided to dye its hair and go for a new, entirely reasonable look.

The Lake, one year was magnificent. Now it's full of bull rushes, but at one point there was a lot of just open water and when the sun set over it the colours that reflected back were enchanting.








But it's cold and it's wet and it's the kind of day that you just want to spend under your covers in bed. Still, I think I might go out and buy some ingredients to make a soup. I once braved the cold rain when I was living in Stanmore by putting on my grey coat. hehe It was quite a thing to be able to go out in terrible weather and feel fine. That coat is amazing.


It's another Joni Mitchell evening. Both Sides Now fits too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)