Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wiyathul

I was reminded today by my shadow that I can do change, and I can be positive about it. Today I was so proud of her. She's having to move up into another teacher's group and no longer be with me. She had a think about it when Charlotte asked her what she thought about the change and said "okay". And when we said that we were proud of her, she had such a smile on her face. Like "yeah this is hard, but I can do it!" I don't want her to cling to me, and I don't want her to depend on me. I want her to mature and be independant and thoughtful and kind. She showed a lot of those traits today and I was proud of her and grateful for her reminder. It's funny. I've been having such a hard time of it lately with work and it's mostly to do with staff and room changes. The children keep reminding me over and over that they're the reason why I'm here and that I can do this.

Another child of mine has improved so so much in the last 2-3 weeks in being independant and emotionally mature and resourceful/inventive/creative/awesome. I do a double take sometimes. I spoke to his mum this afternoon and we're both really impressed. :) Little success stories are what make it all worth while.


I still feel like crying because I am overwhelmed at times. But I have hope that I'll be alright. I really am proud of my girl. haha She asked me why she has to move up and I explained we were getting some toddlers moving up into the Red Group and she said she's moving up like two other children who already have. I had no idea how she'd respond. I'm glad she can see the change as a natural progression that everyone has to go through... I hope I can see my changes like that too.


I'm glad I had work today. When I'm away from work, I can focus on it as being work, but when I'm there the kids make it not work and make it "I'm glad I'm with you guys" time. :)


When I'm on early shift, I like to put on classical music or gentle music in the room for the parents and children. Kate commented on my playing Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu's music. It's beautiful. :)



Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu - Wiyathul




:)

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)