Friday, June 12, 2009

Bruises

What do jelly beans, ice cream, and chocolate have in common? They're all things I consumed for dessert tonight. For serious. This tiny kitty will one day be a balloon full of puddin' love. (I really hope not and I'm not even close to that occuring so I hope I'll have time to see it coming and do something about it) But seriously, lots of sweets and ice cream is a little crazy.

Today was kinda wonderful. I got two hours of programming time off the floor to do work. I expected only one hour but you know, my boss is awesome and said she appreciates my hard work and wanted to reward me. How much do I love that? Give me recognition for my hard work and I'll work doubly hard for you. *laughs* It's really good to have something to throw your energy into and see awesome results from. And yes, I love my kids and I always get paid back in love and laughs from them for my hard work but recognition from co-workers is grand.

I had so many interesting conversations with kids today. Yesterday and today I found myself just chatting more to my kids and trying to avoid the instant come-down-really-hard-on-you approach. I asked one boy why he was standing on the chair instead of telling him to sit down and he told me it was because he wanted to feel the spikey bit inside the plastic flowers in the middle of the table. *laughs* So we had a feel of the spikey bit and he sat down... a much better way to do it. I had an awesome time yesterday with another boy using the same method. I had him sitting on his bed, chatting away with me quietly while the other kids rested nearby and I worked on things to go up on the walls. :) That was when I found out how he learnt to make farting sounds with his mouth. I thought all children just had this inbuilt skills from birth but you know, it's a little more complex than that. :P He said his big brother first showed him to make the sound on his wrist then he just did it without his wrist a little later. He was so chuffed. :P

Should I say it again? I love my kids. I heart them so bad. One of my boys was kicking the dirt near the swings, near where he'd found clay a month or two ago, and I offered the idea of digging a bit now to see if he could find more. So this meant a stack of kids came over with shovels and we actually did find clay again! lol! Love it! I used to dig for clay when I was a little dude and it was the most awesome thing to discover and play with. And we're making those all important connections - things we use can come from the earth... and hence why we need to take care of our planet.

And in the late afternoon, Megan put on Jack Johnson and I had to sing along to "Better Together". One of my kids looked at me like I was oddness... but I thought better than singing "This Old Man" till the cows come home. :P

Anyway. I like this blog. It features music, art, fashion and 'earth' issues. :) This edition's music features the band CHAIRLIFT. I'm sure you'll recognise this track. :)


Chairlift - Bruises




Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)