Sunday, June 21, 2009

Holy, Holy, Holy

I am not okay... I've been not okay for a while but I've been able to get past that and continue to see the good despite all that was hard. Today I couldn't see that much good. But I remember a little of it in this song...



Sufjan Stevens - Holy, Holy, Holy





In Christ there is peace, there is joy, there is beauty, there is grace, there is forgiveness, there is cause for rejoicing and gladness and gratitude. I love hymns (not all of course) but I love this one because it reminds me of my time at CCSL and singing my heart out to God in that place. I loved praising God in that place, the whole service seemed at times set up to give such glory to God. When I was out at Seven Hills the evening service there was like that at times too. The talents of the musicians were employed to give glory to God and not for their own edification. It's a wonderful thing to see talents like that given to God and used by God. Music obviously means a lot to me.


Even when everything is hard and painful and I don't want to go on. Somehow, somehow! it's still okay. Not okay in any earthly sense... but God can see the injustices and where I feel alone, he is there. Where I think I would break, I am glued back together with his love and understanding and care. What better God could we ask for?

Meow,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)