Saturday, June 6, 2009

199th Post - Whale Beach

Had a day up at Whale Beach with my church today. The weather was beautiful... perfect for walking on the beach. I got a few pretty shells and a crab pincer. hehe In the morning we had an encouraging/real talk about finding our place in the body of Christ/the Church as an essential but often overlooked aspect of Christianity.

We also watched The Mission, a full-on movie about a group of Jesuits who converted the native Indians in southern Spain and the way the church let them down. Rome allowed the fear of political backlash to abandon those at the mission to Portugal invasion. It was kind of a mixed message. Definately not as inspiring as the first talk but I think the aim was to show how powerful Christ can be and how damaging it can be when we don't work together as a body. Still... the verses that made me want to come today are powerful and I want to see the church transformed by it:


It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

(Ephesians 4:11-16)



Though I also have to say, going to the beach with a boy you like is a pretty grand thing. I love running along the sand until you're out of breath. The waves were so blue, then turned turquoise/green in the middle as the sun lit it up from behind before it crashed into white foam. Tres belle. :) Later in the day Tessa showed me a huge love heart that she made in the sand for Tom and I. It was so 'aww'!






I'm feeling so socially exhausted though. Being around people is really tiring. I went for a walk for part of the day and just had some alone time. It's a challenging thing to balance. I think I must be an introvert...

Anyway. Long weekend. :) Looking forward to church tomorrow. Jason and Feng were all "table tennis! Come to church early!" so there's that... and it would be cool to play against Tess and Emilia with Tom too. I also want to go shopping for things I need for work. I love being excited about special activities I have planned for the upcoming week. I also love the feeling of not having a million things to catch up on. hehe God has been really looking out for me these past few weeks with work. It's really incredible how he moves and responds so well to our needs. :)

But, I'm off... Lates.

Cathrine

1 comment:

  1. Tessa and Amelia said they'd come early next week to play :)

    Beach was good hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)