Sunday, September 20, 2009

See No Evil

Paul, Paul Dempsey, I love you. Truly! His gig last night was tight. He played a lot of songs from his new album and I enjoyed the couple of tracks he played from older albums because the crowd just responded so well. We all sang along and we were all so pumped to be there! However the encore performance made it for me. He played Television's "See No Evil". I *heart* that band. Their music is intricate and fun and fast and full-on. I stumbled upon their music years back and fell in love. They're obscure and so there's a sense of pride in knowing their music, in being in on an amazing secret. So yeah, this is them playing that song. Win, baby, win!



Television - See No Evil





Paul rocked it out so hard. A friend of mine (who Tom and I met there) said Paul plays music so you're constantly in a state of tension and release. I agree. Live music is euphoric and my emotions definately like being lifted the way it does.

Gah. So this weekend has been full on and awesome. It's not even over yet. I had a driving lesson today for 1.5 hours. My first professional lesson in a manual car. So much excitement! I really like my instructor, he reminds me of Dr Cox from Scrubs with the wit and none of the scathing humour.

Love,

Cathrine

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only person in the crowd singing along, such a great cover of it as well. Although I did mistake it at first for No Fun by the Stooges.

    check out insanityinnumbers.blogspot.com, i'll post my own review of the gig tomorrow =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowing Paul's stuff I was super impressed by the gig and at one point even felt myself swept up in the euphoria of the moment. Paul rocks out.

    Weekend = gah, effort, tired...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they did an amazing cover! Paul threw himself into it.

    I'll read your review. :) How did you find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm amazed that you can write almost 1 blog a day!! definitely some good stuff, can see you love paul and something for kate haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)