Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Want You Back

I called the real estate agent on the bus coming home and they told me I am their first preference and I pretty much have the place, the owners just want to meet me before I sign the papers. I don't see why they'd say no after meeting me so I all but have a new place! I'm so very excited! I was listening to music on the way home and danced to this song in my room...


Jackson 5 - I Want You Back





Now I'm making a mixed CD to play at my new place. New place needs good music to welcome it. :D I told Aisha that I was making a mixed CD with Tom and I impressed her with the new heights that my geekiness reaches. Yes, making a mixed CD to celebrate is naturally the most important thing to do after finding out you've (all but) got a new place to live. :D



New House Mix


The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Bedouin Soundclash - Gyrasi Went Home
The Lucksmiths - If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now
Charles Manson - Home Is Where You're Happy
Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Bob Dylan - Shetler from the Storm
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Home On Ice
Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me
Antony and the Johnsons - I Was Young When I Left Home




I'll work out the sequencing and add a few more songs... but it's looking nice. I'm considering adding Les Miserables - Bring Him Home at the end, though it's completely not the upbeat kind of song I'm looking for. It's so painfully beautiful. Check it out.

Going to sleep now because today took a lot out of me. :)

Cathrine

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Sam Cooke did a version of Bring It On Home To Me! I was thinking of the Animals version (though three songs by them would be a bit much). I must have.

    Meanwhile, did I tell you that Home Is Where You're Happy is be *the* Charles Manson of Manson Family infamy??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)