Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Real Love

Tom showed me this song yesterday. It makes my heart ache in the perfect way... it fits me and sings back to me my own song. You know those songs that just click? I can't stop listening to it, singing it, feeling it. I sang it at work today at different points (softly, more to myself) while out back with the kids.

I love the little trill in Regina's piano playing. It makes me ache for piano keys. It makes me miss playing so much. It's been years but I miss having a piano in my bedroom and dancing over the keys and making my own music. I miss pounding the keys, and those little trills. I miss rubato.

I once said to myself that I want to control my emotions... and that when I'm upset, I won't turn to music and wallow. I'll sort myself out by using that other side of my brain and not indulging the emotions. You know, use the analytical side of my brain. I guess the problem with that is that while you're in the grip of that... your emotions are not exactly going to let you go.




Regina Spektor - Real Love (John Lennon cover)





Goodnight,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)