Thursday, September 24, 2009

La

I had a nice day at work. Got lots of work done and I got to really appreciate working with my coworkers and kids a many points during the day. I love that we all just pulled together and worked so well as a team to get the centre clean after the massive dust storm yesterday. And it was a girl's bday a couple of days before and we hadn't had anything come from home - no muffins or whatever to celebrate - so we baked for her with the children and had a nice party at afternoon tea. :) So charming. Getting all the kids together to sing happy birthday and for the birthday girl to sit at the front with a friend is one of our special rituals.

Also, I got some thrilling news! I'm able to take heaps of holidays! I might be going overseas with a friend in addition to going to the Philippines at the end of the year. I can come back to work on Jan 28, I discovered. Oh incredible luck! Oh amazing bliss! I can't even begin to imagine how many dreams will come true if I can travel to England/France at the start of next year. How lucky am I???

And lastly, I had a two hour driving lesson after work today and I learnt so much. Really, lots and lots! I think of myself as a slow learner and someone who needs to practice things a lot before I get them but he kept teaching me things and pushing me and I kept learning more things and adding them in to what I was doing. For serious! This teacher is just that good. So good that he has me thinking that I'm good because I'm a good learner. LOL It's a half truth. I'm teachable and he's an awesome teacher. So I'm very lucky in that regard also.

On the bus I was listening to this song. I hated it when Tom first sent it to me. I said it was too cheerful... but today, this song is perfect! lol :)



Old Man River - La




Night y'all,

Cathrine

2 comments:

  1. its a bit "i am the walrus", both in musical style and video randomness.

    check out summer, sunshine and trousers by old man river off the same album la is on, great songs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know this song. I didn't realise it was Old Man River. Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)