Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ljósið

I love music with beautiful, meaning-filled lyrics. I love music that tells stories, that captures moments. I try and string them together to create my own soundtrack. I try and find the perfect song to fit my mood or current situation. However, there are times when words get in the way and they detract and distract. In these times I take refuge in my lyric-less music, my jazz and classical music. When I'm on my own, I sometimes sing in the shower... not words... but just sing melodies that are sad or reflective or contented. I let my voice go where it will. It feels like a dance sometimes... not being bound by words means you can sometimes say something deeper.


That's how I see it anyway. :) Tom shared this with me this morning. I think it's beautiful.



Ólafur Arnalds - Ljósið




Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)