Monday, September 21, 2009

Perfect Day

I made a mobile at work today using sticks and string and while tying the sticks together to make arms the children were asking me what I was making. I told them it's going to be a mobile and once it was done and hanging up with their pictures strung on it, one boy asked me "How do you hold it to your ear and say hello?". It took me a while to realise he thought I meant mobile phone but when I did I cracked up laughing. I love kids. :D They're such a product of this generation...


Anyway. Monday was a Monday... I'm exhausted... but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm waiting for the light. I'm sure things will be okay soon. I'm choosing to distance myself from a lot of who I am/was. This is my choice, I keep reminding myself. I'm moving out because things aren't what they should be and it's not working. I'm not who I should be at church and it's impacting those around me. Yet, who I 'should be' isn't me. And isn't going to be me either. I feel unwelcome and I'm wearing that by walking away. I nearly cried on the bus coming home and I don't know why. Am I sad to leave? I guess so, but I'm not happy staying either. I hope I can find happiness where I end up. Or more simply, peace.

I am striking out on my own now. For so long I've been under the wings of someone else - namely a certain Benedictine. Sigh. Who am I without those around me moulding me? Who do I want to be? I only have a semblance of maturity and not the real thing. I don't think as things stand I'm much use to any body, not until I figure out who I am and what I want.


....


This is a pretty average recording of Darren Hanlon covering Fischer-Z's Perfect Day. I really like the song though. I heard it live when I went to The Lucksmiths concert. Darren was opening for them. :)


Darren Hanlon - Perfect Day




Love,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)