Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Was Young When I Left Home

Could you believe that I left this off the list of 'home' songs for my mix? I know it's not upbeat but it's so beautiful and powerful and it carries meaning in that I introduced Tom to it and then later found out it's a Bob Dylan cover.



Antony + Bryce Dessner - I Was Young When I Left Home





I had such a crazy day. I kept estimating how long it would take me to do things so I could try and pack in as many errands as I could before 6pm because I had an asthma training inservice at work. What an appropriate day for it too. Such crazy weather to wake up to! We had a dust storm of epic proportions making everything this garish red/orange colour. It was such fine red dust too, I've seen nothing like it. If you're not from Sydney, check it out here.

Anyway. I ramble. Today I packed in lots of things... most importantly I was able to meet the owners of the property I'm moving into. They're a nice old couple and I think it'll be fine living below them. I move in as of the 1st of October. :) It's so soon... it's like when I got a car, I couldn't believe my luck! Someone pinch me, is this really happening? :) I'm sorry/sad things didn't work out with Kat but I think our friendship will be better for having our separate spaces. So I'm excited.

Got work tomorrow... as always... but keen to go back and see my kids and think about re-arranging the room/furniture and how everything will work together. :)

Night,

Cathrine

>>> And yes, I blog almost every day. I seem to always have something musical to say. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)