Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This is why we share music....

So I've touched edges of things that I am learning I need to explore more fully. I like Leonard Cohen. The very idea of him makes my melancholy heart do a dance. I read some of his poetry in my late teens and was awestruck. It transported me to a completely different world.

So I know only one of his songs, Famous Blue Raincoat, because of Tori Amos' cover. (which is pretty great) I really like the song... it's powerful, though I guess to someone who is not looking for it, likely seems drab. Drab is it's appeal though... and it works for me.


Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat





But then Tom gave me this song and I think I died a little again. I love that voice... it's penetrating. And the female vocals underneath? Such a lovely counterpoint...


Leonard Cohen - If It Be Your Will



Oh! This cover of The Smith's song by The Lucksmiths is just darling! <3


The Lucksmiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out



*nods*

~Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)