Saturday, February 21, 2009

James Ryan :)

Well dear friends, I am so very much enjoying my Saturdays off! I met up with Lois and Aisha today and we hung around at Parramatta. We ate yummy chocolate at Max Brenner and did some shopping. I picked up random things. I got a book on how to draw mythical creatures (for kids at work, the girls are obsessed with mermaids), I got liquid hand soap (random I say), I found Caesar IV and I'm having it sent to Chatswood's EB Games (computer games = <3), I bought pants, and I bought James Ryans latest CD "Bitter Sweet".

I was so excited and bouncy when I bought it! The lady at the ABC shop had a happy smile when serving me because I was so pleased with my purchase. :D I'm thinking now I'll have to drop round to The Hollywood Hotel and get it signed by James. :P He's having an offical launch at The Sound Lounge, but it's like double the cost of the entry at The Hollywood. :P

I miss those guys a lot. Part of me says that chapter in my life is closed though... Why do they have to play Monday nights? If only I lived or worked in the city still. It's so hard to get out there after work. The music itself on the CD isn't earth shattering... Bitter sweet is one track that I recall from my Hollywood days and it's tres awesome to have a copy of it. His music is good. His flute work is funky-awesome. I had hoped for a more Lost Cosmonaughts feel to the album but it's not there. I'm going to have to wait till they put something together themselves... I'm listening to their Myspace and sighing over Hugh Barrett's keys solos. So much awesome.


Anyway...


While we were in Max Brenner I was quite rude to my friends, I interupted their conversation to squeal over a French song that I love that started playing in the background. :P ...and periodically squealed over other music if it was French. :P This is the song. I heart it.


Marie Laforet - Toi Mon Amour Mon Ami




Toi.. mon amour, mon ami... :)

~Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)