Sunday, February 15, 2009

Slow, raining, Sunday morning...

It's grey outside and it's chill. I'm listening to Stu Larsen on MySpace. I had him favourited and forgot what his music was like. "Sad eyes" is fitting so perfectly with the mood of this morning.

Heather sent me this song. A nice mash of languages. :) I love the video clip... Pirates. ARRRR! ^_^

I know I can keep going. I've always kept going... but I will be plodding and my steps won't be light and bouncy. I don't know what the solution to that is. Can I take time off work? Can I rearrange my schedule a little more so I have more time off? How will I get back my love for life?

I was reading Coleridge yesterday morning and I thought to myself how different we all are. How differently we all see the world. Is it a bad thing that trees make me laugh in delight and that poetry and music can be like drugs in my veins? haha I see the world differently to the way an accountant would. So how would an artist see the world? Or a musician hear the world? And should I be trying to deny who I am in order to think and see like an accountant? Black and white, down the line, maximise productivity. All that stuff makes me cringe... it's not me. I think I'm going to let myself love Nature. It's the Romantic in me that agrees with Coleridge's poem "Fears in Solitude" that nature has so much to offer yet within the same world humanity is capable of ignoring it's benefits and being caught up in the darker parts of human nature.


Farewell, awhile, O soft and silent spot!
On the green sheep-track, up the heathy hill,
Homeward I wind my way; and lo! recalled
From bodings that have well-nigh wearied me,
I find myself upon the brow, and pause
Startled! And after lonely sojourning
In such a quiet and surrounded nook,
This burst of prospect, here the shadowy main,
Dim-tinted, there the mighty majesty
Of that huge amphitheatre of rich
And elmy fields, seems like society -
Conversing with the mind, and giving it
A livelier impulse and a dance of thought!



He speaks my language. Will this be how I get back my love of life?

C'est tout, pour maintenant... :)

~Le petit (gris) chaton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)