Sunday, February 15, 2009

La vie en Francais :)

At church tonight I got to meet (and speak with!) Patricia. :) I'd heard a lot about her but had never met her. She did the fliers and graphics work for Br Ned before me. Anyhow I spent the evening chatting to her in French and it was *sigh* awesome! :D

Alors! Je suis inspire!! I am going to work on making a mixed CD with some of my French-y music. Here's what I have so far:

(Mostly) French Mix

Emiliana Torrini - If You Go Away
Jacques Brel - Ne Me Quitte Pas
Edith Piaf - Rien De Rien
Jeanne Cherhal - Me Vie En L'air
Olivia Ruiz - J'traine Les Pieds
Noir Desir & Manu Chao - Le Vent Nous Portera
Jeff Buckley - Je N'en Connais Pas la Fin
Edith Piaf - Je N'en Connais Pas la Fin (I don't know the end of it)
Edith Piaff & Jacques Brel - Plus Bleu Que Tes Yeux
Jenifer et Jean-Pascal - Paroles Paroles
Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining


And below, the first two tracks. :)


Emiliana Torrini - If You Go Away (english version)




Jacques Brel - Ne Me Quitte Pas (french version)




Patricia said people that she works with (20-25 year olds) worry too much about little things. *laughs* I fit right into the middle of that one and I really do. I'm going to try and do less of that. One day I may go to France... wouldn't that be something?

Je te laisse ici,

~Le petit chaton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)