Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sparrow

I've had this song in my head for the last few days. I'm not enitrely sure why it echoes within me... I looked up the lyrics just then and at the end, where it says the Earth will write the eulogy, I heard "the Lord". Anyway. It's typical S&G, poetry to music.



Simon and Garfunkel - Sparrow



Who will love a little Sparrow?
Who's traveled far and cries for rest?
"Not I," said the Oak Tree,
"I won't share my branches with
no sparrow's nest,
And my blanket of leaves won't warm
her cold breast."

Who will love a little Sparrow
And who will speak a kindly word?
"Not I," said the Swan,
"The entire idea is utterly absurd,
I'd be laughed at and scorned if the
other Swans heard."

Who will take pity in his heart,
And who will feed a starving sparrow?
"Not I," said the Golden Wheat,
"I would if I could but I cannot I know,
I need all my grain to prosper and grow."

Who will love a little Sparrow?
Will no one write her eulogy?
"I will," said the Earth,
"For all I've created returns unto me,
From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."





So I have tomorrow off to rest. I'm coming down with the flu. I move house on Saturday and I really don't want to be too sick to do that. I'm excited to have this change finally come about after so much looking and waiting.

Later,

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)