Friday, August 28, 2009

J'ai une voiture....

It's true. I have a car. Mum went and bought me one. A red 2006 Toyota Corolla. I'm a little bit turned around. This week (up until finding out this news) has been un-awesome. I could make a long list of how many ways this week has failed. When mum told me she bought the car, I laugh and then didn't believe her and then did a little bit and laughed some more. It'd been a while since I laughed like that. I didn't know what to do. Be happy? So weird. lol


But it's awesome and I'm grateful and stunned and gah!


I texted a friend at work about the car and she said I no longer had to memorise bus numbers. lol It's funny how many buses I know... but yeah, it's true. I'll be a driver. I'll be more worried about parking than how to get there. Exciting. :) Oh the places I will go! And take Tom with me. *laughs* (all in due time)


On the bus home I listened to such a random assortment of songs... I went without music for a week and nearly died. It was part of a music fast and it was awesome for the first couple of days, then it became more burdensome than edifying so the fast was broken. Music is more than music. It's ingrained in me... it's part of what pumps blood through my veins, it's mixed in with the air that I breathe. So it's awesome to have music back and I definately appreciate it with new eyes and 'use' it in a more considered fashion.


I started making a list of songs in which the artists screams in the song. I'd maybe call the mix "Screamers". So far:



Janis Joplin - Ball and Chain
Paul McCartney - Hey Jude
Emiliana Torrini - Tomorrow
Xiu Xiu - I Luv The Valley Oh!
Joe Cocker - A Little Help From My Friends

(thanks Tom for the last two)



What else is there?

Anyway, night...

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)