Monday, August 17, 2009

Another World

I have been listening to a lot of Antony lately. I'm almost always singing Daylight and the Sun in my head - consciously and unconsciously. I really like the song. I listened to another Antony song (Another World) with Tom yesterday and it's another incredibly beautiful one. I cried the first time I heard it.



Antony and the Johnsons - Another World






I'm always learning about life, and re-learning. Lessons learnt so far:

- I can face problems and by facing them, begin to fix them
- I am allowed to make mistakes, or rather:
- It's okay for things not to be perfect
- Life is worth the effort
- God loves me
- I'm not alone (thanks Tom, Kat and Aisha)


I sometimes get really scared. I look at where I am and sometimes think I should be so much more further along than I am and I push myself further out than I'm ready because of it. I'm learning to be okay with where I am, even if it's not perfect, and pick up and try. It helps no one to ignore problems. The gentleness in this song is one of the things that kills me. I have been treated so gently and tenderly of late. I think it's one of the things that life needs.

:)

Cathrine

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)