Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Excerpts

I have certain favourite lines from songs at the moment.
Some include:



click to enlarge


Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue

Then she opened up a book of poems
And handed it to me
Written by an Italian poet
From the thirteenth century.
And every one of them words rang true
And glowed like burnin' coal
Pourin' off of every page
Like it was written in my soul from me to you,
Tangled up in blue.




Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair.
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."




Simon and Garfunkel - Kathy's Song

And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I.




There are others... but this will do for now.

Cathrine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)